Local Delivery Driver
Reese Roofing and Furnace Co., located at 1050 E 49th Street in Indianapolis, IN, was formed in 1937 by John, Maguerite and Frank Reese with Virginia Stiffler joining the company a short time later.
In 1952, the contracting company sold all of their equipment to Howard Leitz and formed Reese Wholesale.
In 1957 Reese incorporated and Reese Central Wholesale was officially formed. Reese has been in the roofing business since 1937 and has been wholesaling material since 1952.
The CDL Driver delivers roofing, siding, and window products via heavy commercial vehicle to job sites. Job Responsibilities:
- Display courtesy, tact, consideration, and discretion in all interactions with other members of the Reese community, customers and with the public
- Deliver roofing, siding, and window products from location to location via heavy commercial vehicle
- Load products onto the vehicle (may involve climbing ladders, walking on top of a vehicle, and operating a forklift)
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of product delivered to customers
- Responsible for offloading products at customer locations
- Reconcile truck shipping and loading documents including Department of Transpotation (DOT) documents
- Maintain all required CDL certifications required by the DOT and OSHA, and company safety programs Responsible for safety at all jobsites when delivering products
- Review all necessary CDL shipping documents
- Responsible for inspecting CDL vehicle and reporting any malfunctioning parts
- Inspect CDL trucks for safety and follow the safety instructions, especially when carrying hazardous materials or chemicals to ensure compliance with the Department of Transportation
- May be required to assist in other areas as requested and Perform other required tasks.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- 401K Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
Requirements of CDL Driver
Ability to pass CDL Department of Transportation (DOT) physical exam
Ability to lift 100 lbs unaided
Ability to walk to and from CDL vehicle, 50 feet to 300 feet at one time
Ability to work in severe weather conditions, both hot and cold
Must present a positive and professional appearance
Must be willing to work in the warehouse as needed
Ability to work weekends as needed (Saturdays Only)
Excellent customer service skills
Hazmat Endorsement a plus
Could potentially operate a boom truck or piggy back